Basic method to contribute a change¶
Dyndnsc is under active development, and contributions are more than welcome!
- Check for open issues or open a fresh issue to start a discussion around a bug on the issue tracker.
- Fork the repository and start making your changes to a new branch.
- Write a test which shows that the bug was fixed.
- Send a pull request and bug the maintainer until it gets merged and published. :) Make sure to add yourself to AUTHORS.
Idioms to keep in mind¶
- keep amount of external dependencies low, i.e. if it can be done using the standard library, do it using the standard library
- do not prefer specific operating systems, i.e. even if we love Linux, we shall not make other suffer from our personal choice
- write unittests
Also, keep these PEP 20 idioms in mind:
- Beautiful is better than ugly.
- Explicit is better than implicit.
- Simple is better than complex.
- Complex is better than complicated.
- Readability counts.